E-mail MeVan-Lear Eckert
Van-Lear grew up in O'Fallon, IL, where he graduated from O'Fallon Township High School. He then attended Washington University in St. Louis, where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology. Van-Lear was also a four year letterman on the Washington University baseball team. After working in education for 7 years, Van-Lear returned to school and graduated from St. Louis University School of Law in 2004. He was a St. Clair County Assistant State's Attorney and St. Clair County Assistant Public Defender prior to opening his own law firm.
Van-Lear specializes in all types of criminal defense including DUI, traffic/misdemeanor and felony, as well as personal injury and family law. He also represents municipalities and businesses in all types of litigation. Van-Lear is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, East St. Louis Bar Association and St. Clair County Bar Association.
Our business is to provide superior legal services and representation to our clients.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Criminal Defense & Family
Certified Legal Specialties
- Death Penalty
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri - 2004
- Washington University, St. Louis
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- East St. Louis Bar Association, Member
- St. Clair County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- St. Clair County State's Attorney, Former Assistant
- St. Clair County Public Defender, Former Assistant