Belleville Criminal Law Attorney
If you have been charged with any type of criminal offense or you believe that you are being investigated for one, having the right legal representation behind you is absolutely essential. Your very future is at stake in these cases, and the quality of your attorney can be the difference between going free and going to jail.
At the Law Office of Van-Lear P. Eckert, PC, we provide aggressive, results-oriented representation to clients throughout southern Illinois and eastern Missouri. As a former assistant St. Clair County state’s attorney, attorney Eckert knows how prosecutors prepare their cases and how to build a defense designed to defeat them.
Mr. Eckert was also certified to defend death penalty cases. While Illinois has since abolished the death penalty, his unique understanding of how to defend against charges for serious crimes has proven to be an invaluable asset to our clients.
Fighting To Protect Your Rights And Your Freedom
We believe that there is nothing more important than your rights, and we will do everything in our power to see that they are protected. Mr. Eckert has been through numerous felony jury trials and hundreds of bench trials. His courtroom experience on both sides of criminal law cases puts him in a strong position to provide the representation you need.
Our firm defends clients against charges for all types of crimes, including the following:
- Felonies and misdemeanors
- Violent crimes, including assault and battery, carjacking and domestic violence
- Homicide, including murder and manslaughter
- Drug crimes, including possession, intent to sell, trafficking and manufacturing
- Weapons offenses
- Sex crimes
- Theft offenses, including shoplifting and grand theft
- White collar crimes, including embezzlement, fraud and identity theft
- Federal crimes, including tax evasion, fraud, drug crimes and weapons offenses
- Traffic offenses, including driving under suspension or revocation, speeding, and driving without insurance
Speak To Our St. Clair County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Contact our office today to schedule a free initial consultation with a respected Belleville criminal law attorney. We are available during regular business hours, and by appointment during evenings and weekends. You can reach us by phone at 618-233-8800 or via email to get started.
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover card.